Belstone

Article Content

Belstone, Devon, EX20 1RA

Belstone Methodist Chapel will be found on the edge of the village Green, close by the stocks and the old Manor Pound.  The present building dates from Easter 1891, a schoolroom being added in 1926.  Another highlight in its history was the switching on of electricity in 1934.  The old Sunday School Banner on the wall behind the pulpit portrays the Wesleyan Heritage.

Although no longer used as a regular place of worship, the chapel is now open for a place of quiet and reflection,
and the old schoolroom is the venue for Belstone's Old School Tearoom.
See the Facebook page for further details

There are usually three services held here during the year - a summer Songs of Praise; a Harvest Festival service; and a carol Service.  Check the Circuit plan for details.

Belstone Tea Room


Page last updated: 26th April 2020 8:33 AM