Northlew

Sunday Services at 9.30am

Minister: Rev Nigel Coke-Woods

Senior Steward: Michael Cole

Northlew Methodist Chapel is the main chapel for the old Northlew circuit, but its primary claim to fame is that in 1815 it was the first church building to be built and occupied by the Bible Christian Methodists, just a year or so earlier than Shebbear's Lake Chapel. The chapel has been much refurbished and extended over the years, but still retains that aura of peace and tranquillity which comes with faithful worship over many years. There is a fine suite of modern rooms for meetings and activities. On Saturday mornings there is a well attended coffee morning and in a large modern timber building a 50/50 shop is held. Much work is done with the community.  Worship is mostly traditonal, and there is a strong ecumenical link with the Parish Church.

The President of Conference, Rev. Steve Wild, at the Northlew Bicentenary


Churches
Webpage icon Belstone
Webpage icon Boasley
Webpage icon Bridestowe
Webpage icon Broadwoodkelly
Webpage icon Chilla
Webpage icon Exbourne
Webpage icon Fairplace Church, Okehampton
Webpage icon Hatherleigh
Webpage icon Iddesleigh
Webpage icon Madworthy & Eworthy
Webpage icon North Tawton (Lakeway)
Webpage icon Petrockstowe
Webpage icon Providence
Webpage icon South Zeal
Webpage icon Spreyton
Webpage icon Winkleigh